Kitchens By Premier, a prominent bathroom countertop installation company, recommends homeowners consider modern bathroom quartz countertops in Rochester, NY. Owner Dean Pelletier has found that quartz countertops offer all the characteristics that property owners need, including long-lasting functionality in humid environments.
Is Quartz a Good Countertop for a Bathroom?
Quartz is an engineered material with a 90% natural quartz composition. The remaining 10% of these countertops’ construction consists of polymers, resins, and pigments. This engineered mineral has various characteristics that make it the ideal material for a kitchen or bathroom countertop:
- Long life expectancy: Quartz countertop manufacturers typically offer warranties for up to 20 years. However, homeowners can expect their bathroom countertops to have the same functional lifespan as their properties.
- Minimal maintenance: With quartz countertops, maintenance is not a requirement for a long-life expectancy. Unlike wood fixtures, quartz countertops don’t require routine sealant applications or treatments. These surfaces are non-porous and highly resistant to staining, moisture damage, and bacterial growth.
- Various color and style options: Quartz countertops are available in a wide range of colors, patterns, and styles. Whether homeowners want to incorporate natural stone textures, authentic marble patterns, or pure white surfaces into their bathrooms, they should consider modern bathroom quartz countertops installation services in Rochester, NY.
- Flexible installation options: Quartz countertops are compatible with most cabinet types and are easy to install regardless of the bathroom layout. Unlike most stone materials, quartz is easy to cut, with minimal risk of cracking or structural integrity loss.
- Cost-effective countertop alternative: Even though quartz is not the most affordable countertop material, it is among the most cost-effective over the long run. The durability and timeless appearance of quartz ensure long-term use with no need for premature replacements. These countertops also don’t require costly routine maintenance, and their damage resistance reduces the need for frequent repairs.
Can Quartz Countertops Get Wet?
Even with sufficient ventilation, bathrooms are often humid environments. Surfaces like ceilings tend to absorb moisture from hot water evaporation, increasing their susceptibility to rotting, deterioration, and mold growth.
Natural stone surfaces are generally porous and are also vulnerable to moisture seepage. For example, sandstone countertops are highly porous and tend to absorb moisture into their interconnected air channels.
Water absorption by porous bathroom countertops is problematic because the stone increases in weight and size. Moisture also weakens the cementing agents within the mineral, affecting its structural integrity.
Meanwhile, quartz is non-porous and doesn’t absorb or retain moisture. As a result, modern bathroom quartz countertops in Rochester can get wet without sustaining damage. In a damp bathroom environment, a quartz countertop might even be a better option than granite. Kitchens By Premier offers quality quartz countertops and you can inquire with our team today more information about the same.
How Do You Clean Quartz Countertops in a Bathroom?
Another benefit of quartz as a non-porous countertop material is its resistance to stains. When hard water dries on a quartz countertop, the chalk, limestone, or gypsum deposits might remain on the surface.
To clean this buildup, homeowners can apply a mild dish soap solution and wipe the area with a non-abrasive sponge. This cleaning method also removes makeup, toothpaste, serums, and other products.
Wiping the countertop with a dry microfiber cloth is usually sufficient to clean liquid spills, such as mouthwash, coffee, or shampoo.
Applying a window cleaner can dissolve more stubborn stains, such as hair dye spills. Additionally, a solution that consists of one part water and one part vinegar can remove grime or grease buildup from a quartz surface.
Daily or weekly cleaning is the only maintenance modern bathroom quartz countertops need.
What Is the Most Popular Countertop Color for a Bathroom?
The most popular white quartz countertop colors include Sparkling White and Arctic White. Bamboo, Almond Roca, and Toasted Almond are popular beige countertop colors. Those who prefer a marble pattern should consider Cashmere Carrara or Calacatta Arno for their bathrooms.
Want a Modern Bathroom with Quartz Countertops? Choose Kitchens By Premier!
A quartz countertop is a high-value addition to any bathroom. To learn more about Kitchens By Premier and the benefits of modern bathroom quartz countertops in Rochester, NY, contact Dean Pelletier at (585) 367-4191.